When prospective homebuyers think of acquiring a new house, they commonly envision researching the best homes on the market in or near the community they prefer and simply choosing from what's available.
However, not all home buyers are the same. Not wanting to box you into having to choose a prebuilt home or a specific development area, Renaissance has established the Renaissance Custom Homes division to give you more control over the home-building process and move you one step closer to creating the customized space you desire.
What is Renaissance Custom Homes?
Historically, Renaissance has built its high-quality homes on lots and properties in and around Portland that are acquired specifically for development and sale. While that may be satisfactory for many prospective homebuyers, others already have a specific piece of land in mind for their new house.
With the Renaissance Custom Homes division, you can get the best of both worlds: building a custom home that incorporates the features and quality associated with Renaissance on the property of your choice. Our Renaissance Custom Homes Way is a refined process that includes the following steps:
- Selecting or customizing a plan from our collection.
- Site evaluation.
- Developing an evaluation and estimation agreement, as well as a project cost estimate.
- Putting together and approving the construction agreement and loan approval.
- Meeting at the Design Studio and finalizing the engineering and home plans.
- Pre-construction meeting, submitting the plans for approval, and starting the land improvement.
- Construction of your new home, an electrical walk-through with the construction manager, and closing on the home after completion.
- After key delivery and the final sign-off, you move into your new home.
Plans Available for Construction
Renaissance’s homes are well-known in the Portland area for encompassing leading designs, construction technology, and energy efficiency. With the help of the company’s Design Studio, however, the plans can be personalized through a streamlined specification process so your new home complements your unique priorities and preferences. In order to mitigate the challenges and uncertainty of building on your own land, we provide the following home plans to suit a wide variety of lifestyle needs:
- Traditional two-story plans
- Master-on-the-main plans
- Single-level home plans
- Multi-generational home plans
- Sloped-lot plans
- Narrow-lot home plans
- Plans for accessory structures, including shops and ADUs
Our catalog of home plans available for customers is regularly updated, and if the plans offered in our collection don’t meet your specific requirements, we offer design services to help refine the plan or develop one suited for you.
Finding the Right Land for Your Home
Although the Renaissance Custom division enables you to bring your own land or lot to the project and then work with Renaissance on having your new home designed and constructed, we have options to make the process even less complicated and stressful for you. We have partnered with a variety of developers and realtors in the Portland metro area to share properties that are currently available to buyers. You can work with your personal realtor to further investigate any property in which you're interested, or go through our Renaissance Custom Homes Sales Manager to discuss options, including the site-evaluation and construction-feasibility vetting process.